Virginia Special Education Attorneys
As a parent, it is extremely frustrating to deal with a school that will not acknowledge the needs of your child. If your student lives with a disability, but the school is not meeting his or her needs, our education law attorneys can help.
At McIntyre DeFede Law PLLC, we know that you are a full-time advocate for your child. We are here to assist you in ensuring the school meets its legal obligation to your child. Our special education lawyers help clients in Manassas and throughout Virginia with:
- Determining your child’s eligibility by working with medical experts, including psychologists and psychiatrists, if necessary
- Determining services and/or placement for your child through both IEPs and 504 Plans
- Serving as a liaison between you and the school system
- Attending Individualized Education Program meetings, 504 meetings, manifestation determination review hearings (MDR) and causality hearings
- Working through administrative reviews, mediation, due process hearings and court litigation
Being A Voice For You And Your Child
When your child’s well-being is at stake, you — like many other parents — may feel that you have no other choice but to voice your concerns repeatedly to the school’s administration. If your relationship with the school has become tarnished or the school refuses to hear your concerns, our attorneys can act on your behalf. An adversarial relationship with the school isn’t good for you or your child. Our attorneys know how to work effectively with local school districts to ensure your child’s needs are being met and your concerns are heard.